edna should have gone to paris

writing in san francisco

03 October 2005

anniversary

I am way behind in my blogging (sorry Urmila!), so I am posting several blogs in one day.

I went to SLC this weekend to celebrate with Ian our four-year anniversary. Four years! Holy crap.
But we had an amazing time and are as in love as ever. I was spoiled rotten too, which is always fun. We got to spend the weekend relaxing and enjoying fall in Slick City. On Saturday we had lunch with Heather (his sister), saw his parents for a little while, and then Ian rode his bike alongside me while I ran. He took me to a fondue restaurant and had roses come to the table - so cool. And the food was excellent. Sunday morning we had lunch with his family and then took a walk around this lake surrounded by fall trees. They were so beautiful! Bright yellow and gold. It was very nice. We are more determined to make this separation work. I am probably going to spend January in SLC doing temp work, so we will have a month together between semesters. And some good news: Ian is going to Peru for spring break to do some medical service through his school! Pretty amazing. We are also hoping to go to Africa next summer!! More details when I know them...

I am making some more friends. Yay! I found my three best guy friends from high school - Chris, Caleb, and Jeff - and they are all still in the Bay Area. Unfortunately Caleb is moving to Florida in a few weeks. (What is it with Florida?) But I will see him before he leaves. I am so excited to hang out with these guys because I haven't seen them in so long! I expect some crazy shenanigans. I love crazy shenanigans...bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home